The metamorphosis of Women Empowerment in Delhi has been rather fascinating. With different personalities exhibiting their empowered characters, there are on the other hand, cases of untold stories of negligence too. Bound in a false sense of tradition and security, Indian women have always remained in a much neglected state.
The problem begins with the state of the illiterate underprivileged women battling over rudimentary issues like child marriage, dowry, women trafficking, malnourishment and female infanticide. Though they form 88.5% of the labor force in India, they are paid less than men. With no representations, they are exploited monetarily and even if they are the sole breadwinner of their homes, they possess no right to take decisions.
Women Empowerment in Delhi requires a six-fold strategy to be brought into the forefront–
• They should be provided vocational market oriented training.
• Education for women is the cornerstone of developed nations. So, through systematic procedures such as computer training, handicrafts, stitching, etc. they can avail a way to uplift themselves both financially and socially.
• There should be more degree of commitment towards working mothers with children, who are involved in educational classes. They should be trained in saving, credit and thrift, skill training as well as income generation activities.
• There should be integration of literacy and professional training so that they can take part in more income generation activities.
• There should be focus on the development of women leadership within all communities.
• Last but not the least, there should be more awareness generation among common masses through projects and IEC materials.