Terrified of squats, burpees and all those complex exercises that promise slender legs? You are not alone because a lot of people shy away from such rigorous workouts. But what if we tell you that you can have thinner legs by just lying down on your mat? Yes, here we bring to you a series of easy exercises that you can do even without having to stand up (with the exception of one).
1. Alternate leg raise: Lie down on your back and raise your legs up at around 90 degrees. Now keeping them straight, start bending your knees one by one and make sure your feet do not touch the floor. Repeat 20 times. Bring your legs down on the floor. Relax.
2. Lying down squats: Lie down on your back and raise your legs up in the air at 90 degrees. Press your leg one against the other and now start bending your knees sideways (as shown in the video). Repeat 10 times. Bring your legs down to the floor. Relax.
3. Ballet exercise: Lie down on the floor and turn your body towards the right. Now raise your head keeping your right hand by your side. Hold the right hand with the left one. Now start moving your left leg in the ballet move.
Move your left leg and keep the left foot over the right knee and then straighten your leg. Keep the left feet back on the right knee and slide down the leg. Do it 10 times. Repeat with the other side.
4. Seashell exercise: Lie in the same manner as ballet exercise. Now bend your knees and start opening and closing your left knee. While performing this, your legs will look like a seashell. Do it 10-15 times. Repeat with the other side.
5. Sideways leg spread: Lie down on your back and straighten your legs at 90 degrees. Now start opening your legs as wide as you can and bring them back to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times.
6 . Backward leg bend: Lie on your chest with your hands by your side. Raise your chin and raise your legs from your knees. Bring your legs towards your hips and take them back. Make sure your feet do not touch the floor and keep your legs together. Repeat 15 times.
7. Thigh stretching: Lie straight on your back with your hands on your side. Now hold your right thigh with both hands and pull your right leg towards your chest. Hold this position for 10 seconds. Do it 10 times. Repeat with the other leg.
8. Inner thigh muscle stretch: Stand straight and keep your hands on the floor by bending your back. Now stretch both the legs sideways. Move your upper body towards your right. This will stretch your left leg a little more and your right leg will become straight. Now stay in this position and move your body up and down 15 times. Repeat on the other side.
(Source: The Times of India)
Delhi is the capital of India and thus one of the most important cities of the nation. Many of the happenings and decisions that shape the course of the country are taken here and that is why the complete nation is always interested in knowing the Delhi news.